V60 Pour Over Brewing Guide
What beans? Filter beans
What grind? You are going for a medium to coarse grind. The Mini Mill is able to grind well for this.
Harios iconic V60 is about as recognisable as speciality coffee kit gets. It is a very simple setup with very few variables that can go terribly wrong.
Simple Brew Notes (2 cups):
- Boil a bit more than 500ml water
- Place the filter into the dripper and wet it (pouring hot tap water through it will do)
- Grind 30gm beans (medium), empty into the dripper, shake flat, then press your thumb to create a depression in the centre of the grounds.
- Pour 60ml of the near boiling (the hotter the better) water into the grounds then hold the dripper carefully and swirl the slurry. Wait 30 seconds
- Pour the rest of the water steadily, once it's near the top keep topping up until the 500ml is done then give a little stir in both directions (not too deep)
- When it's done, you ideally will have a flat bed of used beans and it should have taken 3 - 4 minutes (if not adjust stir/pour method and/or the grind next time)
Other Brew Notes:
Like everything in the coffee world you can set off on a very detailed and involved hunt for perfection - if you enjoy experimenting check out these videos below for some different methods for V60;
Give them all a go and see what works best for you!